Why Consider Abrasive Waterjet Technologies?
- Simple and rapid programming and set-up time with minimal fixturing.
- One cutting tool performs all machining functions in all materials.
- Material yield is optimized by utilizing nesting features and a kerf of 0.030.
- There are no mechanical stresses induced during cutting.
- Wide ranges of conventional processes are performed with this single tool:
- Gear cutting
- Profile milling
- No special tooling required for unusual shapes or profiles; omni-directional cutting permits complex shapes.
- Able to machine a wide range of thickness and materials, including reflective, conductive and thicker materials such as stainless steel and aluminum, copper and brass.
- Works well in non-conductive materials such as glass, stone and plastic.
- Can machine, hardened metals and materials with low melting points.
- Can produce parts up to 2" thick in virtually any material while holding tolerances on the order of ±0.003" to ±0.005.
- The process uses garnet as an abrasive. Garnet is a reddish natural crystal, with a Mohs hardness of 6.5 to 7.5. No noxious gases or liquids are used in Abrasive Waterjet machining, nor are there any oils used in the machining process.
- Materials cut by the Abrasive Waterjet have a smooth, satin-like finish, like a fine sandblasted finish.
- Abrasive Waterjets abrades material at room temperatures, providing a smooth uniform surface.
- The Abrasive Waterjet process produces minimal to no burrs and parts can often be used directly without deburring.
Online Waterjet Online Interactive Quote System
Expedited Shipping Dates
Daily Shipping via UPS nationwide
Freight Line Services
Your Design to Rapid Quality Parts
Start now by clicking below:
Why Online Waterjet?
Prototypes, limited runs, or production for fast-track turnaround
Production directly from .dxf files, CAD files or scanned images
Close part-nesting for maximum material yield/minimal waste
Precise, intricate shapes with tolerances of +-.005”
Smooth, precise edges in any two-dimensional shape
No stresses or heat affected zone (HAZ), minimal burrs
Daily UPS local and domestic shipping
Freight line accessibility